The advantages of industrial plug and socket
Compared with the household plug and socket, the industrial products have 3 significant advantages:
1) The color code. The color of an industrial plug and socket is strictly bound with the voltage. For example, the blue products have a voltage of 200v, while the red refers to 380v. By knowing this, you can’t be wrong when choosing voltage.
2) Anti-electric shock design. For industrial plug and socket, the earth pin is longer than the positive & negative pin meaning that in any case, the application will be grounded first before it is electrified. Very safe design.
3) High protection rating. When using an industrial plug and socket, people are well protected by the material with high insolating grade so that people can’t touch the electrified parts. Needless to say, there are IP67 waterproof product which further protects people’s security in severe environment.
4) The load capacity. The household plug and socket are normally 10A, they can hardly carry 4000W power application. On the contrary, the cable of the industrial socket and plug has a sectional area of 1.5mm2. They can easily carry more KW.
5) Lifespan. For a household plug or socket, the maximum times of insertion is around 4500-5000. The industrial plug and socket, however, has an average lifespan of more than 10 years. The allowed times of insertion is up to 100,000.
The applications of industrial plug and socket
The industrial plug and socket can be used literally in both indoor and outdoor application across various industrial such as manufacture, agriculture, chemistry, food, airport, wharf, ships, metallurgy, power plant, construction, instrument, solar power, wind power, nuclear power, entertainment, automation, packing industry, air conditioner, lighting, transportation, etc.
Different structures are designed to meet the various application environment requirements.
According to the way the product is installed, there are the mobile type, exposed installation type, and hidden installation type.
According to the protection configuration, there are the fused type, circuit breaker equipped type and non-protection type.
According to the interlock configuration, there are the mechanical interlocked type, electric interlocked type and non-interlocked type.
There are also industrial socket and plug with and without an adaptor.